Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oregon Coast Ride: Reached the Coast

Portland, Oregon is where I will spend a week for work.  To spice the trip up a little I added some personal days up front to ride my Brompton folding bike down the coast.  This is the first of several blog entries about the bike tour.

Flying always seem to cause a long day. Got up at 4 am to catch my flight out to Portland and after a long layover there I made camp at Fort Stephens State Park at about 10pm.

Bike in hard shell, T-bag packed and ready to go along with
tent and sleeping mat in other suitcase. Oh, yeah some stuff
for the work part of the trip as well.

At a park in Portland where I killed some time.

On the bus to Warrenton I meet Frank with whom I rode in the dark to the hikers/bikers campsite.  He's from California riding the coast for nine days south to California.  There I also met Anders (http://bicycle.plato.se) from Sweden who rode his bike across the US and will finish soon in Seattle.

High tech schedule board at the Amtrak station in Portland.

No comments: